Friday, October 12, 2012

I've Found My People

So I'm not sure if you can tell, but I'm kind of obsessed with vegetable gardening. (Shocking revelation, huh?) The obsession is relatively new, so it's not like my friends and loved ones knew what they were signing up for when they became my friends and loved ones. Still, they are being very patient with me, despite the fact that it's probably wearing pretty thin. You gotta wonder how many backyard gardening photos you can post on Facebook before your friends start being "busy" when you call. ("Another picture of a plant. Wow, Claudette. Fascinating.")

So I've found some people who appear to be as obsessed as me. They are the Tucson Backyard Gardening Facebook group, and they are awesome. They answer questions that people have about their gardens. They compare stories. They tell geeky garden jokes. They are just the people I was looking for.

A couple of days ago, I posted a picture of a tree that caught my fancy in a local nursery, and it sparked a whole conversation in the forum. I think it topped out at about a dozen comments. About a tree. I'm in love.

If you're looking for like-minded people so that you can give your poor forlorn loved ones a break from your incesant gardening talk, may I recommend the Tucson Backyard Gardening Facebook group? Your friends and family will thank you.

No comments: